Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's Coming

The rain, that is.....


We are still waiting for decent rain.  For some reason the rain is falling to the north of us, to the south of us and to the east and west of us, but not on us.  There seems to be a pocket here in north west Queensland that is missing out.  Although there are a lot of people in the same boat as us.  Seeing our neighbours get rain with none falling on our own properties.




All though rain has been very sparse I am very grateful for the little bits we have had as it has kicked the grass along giving some relief to the cattle.  It still means carting water to areas where the dams are dry. 




The rain is coming though.  One thing about mother nature is she knows what she is doing and she doesn't like to be controlled by us.  If anything this drought is teaching me patience and to trust.  I  am learning to be patient while I wait for rain to come.  I am learning to be patient with people who are not patient and throwing themselves down with the "poor me syndrome" because things are out of their control and they seem to be the only ones affected by this drought.  I am learning to be patient with things that are outside my control, the environment, the cattle markets or lack of.  Most of all I am learning to be patient with me, especially when I have a moment when I am being unresourceful and I am yet to become consciously aware of my actions.  


I am learning to trust, trust that it will rain, trust in the environment, trust that the cattle markets will improve, trust that people are doing the best they can with the resources that they have at this point in time, trust in my ability to come out of this as a more loving, compassionate, empathic person, trust that if things don't go to my plan that I am going to be perfectly OK and where I am meant to be and that the outcome is going to be better then I expected.


And you know what?  It's coming......  The rain, that is.  It might be next week, next month or next year.  It is coming.......

No comments:

Post a Comment